About Me

My photo
My life's purpose is best described by: Be the change you want to see in the world: Gandhi. Smiling is my "botox"-FORGET THE DRUGS AND SURGERY. I spice up my life, not my diet, which is SIMPLY DELICIOUS on its own. KISS: I Keep it simple sugars-from whole, fresh, ripe, raw, organic fruits (veggies,some nuts/seeds too). The 811rv motto is: simplicity at mealtime, variety throughout the year. My motto is: I live in my own little world, but it's ok they all know me there. At some point, you have to realize that some people can stay in your heart, but not in your life.

4/19/2008

There must be a lot of sick people out there...

I don't usually watch tv much, but today I put on the boob tube for about an hour.  What really struck me is that at every commercial, almost every ad was for some kind of medecine, treatment or supplement.  There were ads and pills for impotency problems, cholesterol problems, allergy problems, fibromyalgia, osteoporosis, diabetes etc., etc., etc., For companies to spend that much money on advertising on network television is a strong indication that there is a huge market for such products.  Otherwise it wouldn't pay to advertise so much.  This really brought home the fact that many, many people are not healthy.  How sad...

Since reading and implementing the lessons learned from "The China Study", "The 80/10/10 Diet" and Natural hygiene litterature, I've come to understand why we're in such a state and what we can do to change things.  I'm so happy for myself, that my own life and health has improved.  I wish I could give that gift to everyone.  The best way to do that, of course, is to be the change you want to see in the world like Ghandhi said.  Or like one of my mentors, Harley, recently said:  Do the right things, be patient, have faith.  I'm still travelling the road...and I'll leave you with a jest said in much earnest.

Preventive medicine belief
Mary: My daughter believes in preventative medicine, doctor.

Doctor: Oh, really?

Mary: Yes, she tries to prevent me from making her take it!

We should listen to our children more.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Is that kitchen sign yours? It's hilarious! :) I love it.

Anonymous said...

Good for you for blogging! Your pictures are great.
I 811 too, have been transitioning for about a year (a little under), but am aiming for 100%.

XO
Fruitloop

Via811 said...

Great to encounter another 811er Fruchtloop! Can't wait to read your stuff too.

Sarah, the picture was sent to me by e-mail, but I'd love to have a real one! :))