About Me

My photo
My life's purpose is best described by: Be the change you want to see in the world: Gandhi. Smiling is my "botox"-FORGET THE DRUGS AND SURGERY. I spice up my life, not my diet, which is SIMPLY DELICIOUS on its own. KISS: I Keep it simple sugars-from whole, fresh, ripe, raw, organic fruits (veggies,some nuts/seeds too). The 811rv motto is: simplicity at mealtime, variety throughout the year. My motto is: I live in my own little world, but it's ok they all know me there. At some point, you have to realize that some people can stay in your heart, but not in your life.

11/26/2008

Essie Honiball

I finally read Essie Honiball's classic book "I live on fruit".

What a gem it is. It is a quick easy read with wonderful things to say such as this:

"I also had to learn that, in the same way as I could not give rein to my appetite, I could not give rein to my undisciplined thoughts. I had to learn to think and react positively, and to clean my state of mind in the same way as I had to purify my life-blood, for nothing pollute's the lifeblood and causes more diseases than does one's state of mind. As long as there was any trace of hatred, intolerance, vindictiveness, depression, or negative criticism in my heart, I could not expect the fruit to correct that too. I also had to work at these things, as man is a psychological unit his body and soul must work in harmony.

Even today, after all the years of work, I am in every respect imperfect, but the difference is that in the past I was all to eager to put the blame for my weaknesses and discomfort, my frustrations and illnesses on the shoulders of others. Today, I myself accept responsibility and when something goes wrong, when I experience some bodily discomfort or give way to an unchristian reaction, I seek the fault within..."

No comments: