About Me

My photo
My life's purpose is best described by: Be the change you want to see in the world: Gandhi. Smiling is my "botox"-FORGET THE DRUGS AND SURGERY. I spice up my life, not my diet, which is SIMPLY DELICIOUS on its own. KISS: I Keep it simple sugars-from whole, fresh, ripe, raw, organic fruits (veggies,some nuts/seeds too). The 811rv motto is: simplicity at mealtime, variety throughout the year. My motto is: I live in my own little world, but it's ok they all know me there. At some point, you have to realize that some people can stay in your heart, but not in your life.

12/15/2008

Settling into Costa Rica

I'm unbelievable happy to have internet in the jungle! I'm also enjoying the best mamey sapote ever that I picked up at the fruit vendors stalls. These stalls are all over Costa Rica, on the side of the road and a better source of fruit and veggies than the grocery stores.

The sounds here are amazing, especially the howler monkeys. They're awake even before the roosters. Pretty soon the cicadas will begin their roaring as well (they are very loud). I've seen my chickens again that my dear neighbors and friends have taken care of for me while I was in Canada. My beautiful rooster has become so big and beautiful.

I'm in heaven...

4 comments:

suzanne said...

je suis vraiment contente pour toi!!

nous ici c'est la neige et aujourd'hui de la pluie toute la journée.

ce serait bien si tu pouvais nous mettre des photos ici, juste pour nous faire rever.

a plus ma belle

Sarah said...

Wish I could be there. I still have not been able to try a mamey :(

Via811 said...

Suzanne, merci beaucoup je devrais poster des photos bientôt.

Sarah, I wish you were here too. It would be so nice to have an 811 community here one day. At least you should consider a visit.

Green said...

Hi Marisa,

I am quite sure I posted another comment on one of the prior posts but I can't seem to find it. Maybe I didn't copy the silly approval word correctly.

Anyway - have a great time in Pura Vida land!

Ian