About Me

My photo
My life's purpose is best described by: Be the change you want to see in the world: Gandhi. Smiling is my "botox"-FORGET THE DRUGS AND SURGERY. I spice up my life, not my diet, which is SIMPLY DELICIOUS on its own. KISS: I Keep it simple sugars-from whole, fresh, ripe, raw, organic fruits (veggies,some nuts/seeds too). The 811rv motto is: simplicity at mealtime, variety throughout the year. My motto is: I live in my own little world, but it's ok they all know me there. At some point, you have to realize that some people can stay in your heart, but not in your life.

1/23/2009

Do It Anyway by Mother Teresa

Mother Teresa has always been one of my idols. I don't believe she was perfect by any stretch, but she was exceptional. Here is a perfect example of her brilliance.

Do It Anyway
by Mother Teresa

People are often unreasonable, illogical
and self-centered;
Forgive them anyway.

If you are kind, people may accuse you
of selfish, ulterior motives;
Be kind anyway.

If you are successful, you will win some
false friends and some true enemies;
Succeed anyway.

If you are honest and frank,
people may cheat you;
Be honest and frank anyway.

What you spend years building, someone
could destroy overnight;
Build anyway.

If you find serenity and happiness,
they may be jealous;
Be happy anyway.

The good you do today,
people will often forget tomorrow;
Do good anyway.

Give the world the best you have,
and it may never be enough;
Give the world the best you've got anyway.

You see, in the final analysis,
it is between you and God;
It was never between you and them anyway.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello! That is a very good poem. Inspirational! I love it. ^^

Ecodea said...

Hi, Marisa!! How is Costa Rica? It is starting to rain a lot here (quite early!!). Thought you would like this: http://www.winhawaiianhome.com/index.html
Cheers,
Andrea

Anonymous said...

Thank you for posting this! I needed to read it tonight. Just found your blog and love it! :)