About Me

My photo
My life's purpose is best described by: Be the change you want to see in the world: Gandhi. Smiling is my "botox"-FORGET THE DRUGS AND SURGERY. I spice up my life, not my diet, which is SIMPLY DELICIOUS on its own. KISS: I Keep it simple sugars-from whole, fresh, ripe, raw, organic fruits (veggies,some nuts/seeds too). The 811rv motto is: simplicity at mealtime, variety throughout the year. My motto is: I live in my own little world, but it's ok they all know me there. At some point, you have to realize that some people can stay in your heart, but not in your life.

10/27/2009

Let's talk about "ancient" diets

I've been studying these lately.

Let's start with the "ancient" diet practiced by the Sumerians in what was once known as the "fertile crescent". These people were so smart that they invented the first writing system known to man. They also invented the wheel that they tethered to their domesticated animals. Their grain/animal agriculture got so "advanced" that they left behind for their inheritors an arid wasteland that is now known as the "middle east".

One must next mention the great Roman empire who planted such "advanced" seeds of grain/animal agriculture that their sick and dying population was easily finished off by small bands of horseback Huns.

Don't forget the great multi-island Polynesian societies who roamed as far as Hawaii and Easter Island practicing their very "successful" lifestyle, especially of cutting down all their trees, and chicken agriculture. Many were so "successful" with their diets and lifestyle that they ended up destroying their habitat. They finally had to resort to cannibalism to stay alive.

What about the great and "ancient" Mayan and Aztec civilizations who loved their corn, beans and tubers so much that they made easy pickings for gold and conquest hungry Spaniards. They too vanished despite their "healthy" diets and lifestyles.

Last, but not least, today's "great" worldwide civilization who is so sick and dependent on starch/animal agriculture that it needs to find another planet to plunder-quickly too.

There is a ray of light in this madness. Our closest genetic and physiological relatives-the anthropoid apes have lived in harmony with their environment for MILLIONS of years. They haven't lived in boom/bust cycles that caused ever increasing waves of death and destruction in their wake, like their cousins the humans have. What is this "miracle" diet you ask? A fruit based diet, of course.

Sounds a lot like 811rv to me.

No comments: