About Me

My photo
My life's purpose is best described by: Be the change you want to see in the world: Gandhi. Smiling is my "botox"-FORGET THE DRUGS AND SURGERY. I spice up my life, not my diet, which is SIMPLY DELICIOUS on its own. KISS: I Keep it simple sugars-from whole, fresh, ripe, raw, organic fruits (veggies,some nuts/seeds too). The 811rv motto is: simplicity at mealtime, variety throughout the year. My motto is: I live in my own little world, but it's ok they all know me there. At some point, you have to realize that some people can stay in your heart, but not in your life.

8/23/2011

Poisons and Antidotes

First off, I must apologize for not writing in a long while. My only excuse is that what started off to be a crazy year has turned into longer with no immediate end in sight.

Which leads me to the title of this blog post.

My present and continuing circumstances have made me come to some interesting conclusions:

1) Goodness, is it ever difficult to stay 811rv while constantly moving around and being exposed to lots of personal and environmental stresses (no, I won't go into the personal stresses so don't bother asking).

2) There are ways to counter these negative effects to one's health and happiness which I will share with you in my always hopeful attitude that this blog is helping somebody, somewhere out there.

Forewarning: What I am about to write is not meant to be apologetic or exculpatory in nature. It is still my firmest belief that each and every capable adult of us is the primary person responsible for their own health and happiness. Therefore, the responsibility for the pitfalls that I have fallen into these past few months lies solely with me. If I had planned better, if I had reacted better and most importantly if I had acted better I would not be in this see-saw act of trying to balance the poisons with antidotes. That being said, there is no point in adding insult to injury. I, just like most of us less than perfect humans, have to make the best of the situation and try to recuperate what is possible of our losses and find a way forward.

Mantra to this blog post: It is easier to stay on course than to find your way back.

Poison 1: Not breathing enough clean air properly.
Antidote: Hold your breath while in the company of smokers or other sources of extreme pollution, make a mad dash away from such an environment and then breathe in deeply as soon as possible. Practice deep breathing exercises when exposed to good quality air asap.

Mantra: It is easier to stay on course than to find your way back.

Poison 2: Not eating proper food best adapted to our physiological needs in the quantities needed to thrive.
Antidote: Dilute the pollution with some extra water, swell up like a balloon, abstain from a meal or two then try to stretch your stomach beyond its capabilities when you do start to eat again thus starting a vicious yo-yo cycle. Go back to proper food asap.

Mantra: It is easier to stay on course than to find your way back.

Poison 3: Not getting enough proper exercise to sustain a machine made for appropriate motion in quantity and quality.
Antidote: Workout like crazy to compensate, sustain a stupid injury, be bed ridden, atrophy some muscles, try to start moving again. Go back to proper exercise asap.

Mantra: It is easier to stay on course than to find your way back.

Poison 4: Not getting enough sleep in quantity and quality.
Antidote: Catch up on some zzz's, over sleep a few hours, days etc, thus disrupting your circadian rhythms (aka jet lag), be groggy during the day and unable to sleep at night. Go back to proper sleep asap.

Mantra: It is easier to stay on course than to find your way back.

Poison 5: Not getting enough sun in quantity and quality.
Antidote: Expose yourself to too much sun to compensate. Burn in the most sensitive of areas. Start getting sun damage. Or, don't expose yourself at all for a while becoming paler and more sensitive than ever and depriving your body of the vitamin D and other essential nutrients the sun provides. Go back to proper sun exposure asap.

Mantra: It is easier to stay on course than to find your way back.

Poison 6: Exposing yourself to high stress people or high stress situations and not dealing properly with it by using emotional poise.
Antidote: Become a social recluse, do not participate in any activity that might challenge you either physically or mentally. Justify your actions by saying they're not worth it anyway and you're better off without them anyway. Or, conform to their behavior, join the pack, become like every one else, drink your beer, smoke your fags, be a couch potato, take your pills and SHUT UP already.

Mantra: It is easier to stay on course than to find your way back.

Moral to this story: We are all exposed to and will forever be exposed to potential toxins that can undermine our health and happiness.

811rv DIET AND LIFESTYLE is still the best option to life's many challenges.

No comments: