About Me

My photo
My life's purpose is best described by: Be the change you want to see in the world: Gandhi. Smiling is my "botox"-FORGET THE DRUGS AND SURGERY. I spice up my life, not my diet, which is SIMPLY DELICIOUS on its own. KISS: I Keep it simple sugars-from whole, fresh, ripe, raw, organic fruits (veggies,some nuts/seeds too). The 811rv motto is: simplicity at mealtime, variety throughout the year. My motto is: I live in my own little world, but it's ok they all know me there. At some point, you have to realize that some people can stay in your heart, but not in your life.

4/28/2008

The Raw Spirit Festival=The Dark Side of Raw

The Raw Spirt Festival is, in my opinion, the dark side of raw. Talk about marketing hype trying to pass for nutritional information. I checked out their list of presenters and associates. I could not find one that did not sell or promote some kind of "superfood", super "vitamin supplement", "miracle" bee pollen, "miracle" apple cidar vinegar, "essential" cold, pressed "raw" oil, etc., etc., etc. When making money becomes more important than telling the truth, this is what you get.

None of that stuff is needed for optimal health-none.

Dr. D., I've spent about 100$ on your books(two 811 because I want to share, and "Grain Damage", plus the "high Energy recipe book") and a t-shirt (I've made a bunch of my own 811rv t-shirts for pennies). Yet the SELF-EMPOWERING lessons I've learned from them are worth a million, if not much more. You've taught me that I can do it on my own, without any of that other nonesense. I can not thank you enough.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just e-mailed Happy about this. I had a ticket to go as a volunteer last year but could not attend because I was too busy planning my wedding. I had decided I wouldn't go this year because it's too expensive for an experience where I can't even eat the food I want!

Green said...

It's sad that the raw food movement is so divided. There are the scam artist greedy money grabbers who will sell any junk product that they can for a buck to unsuspecting health seekers who are uneducated and a few real honest down to earth people like Dr. D, David K and others who speak the truth. It's a real shame we can't get united on this and get rid of the scammers!