About Me

My photo
My life's purpose is best described by: Be the change you want to see in the world: Gandhi. Smiling is my "botox"-FORGET THE DRUGS AND SURGERY. I spice up my life, not my diet, which is SIMPLY DELICIOUS on its own. KISS: I Keep it simple sugars-from whole, fresh, ripe, raw, organic fruits (veggies,some nuts/seeds too). The 811rv motto is: simplicity at mealtime, variety throughout the year. My motto is: I live in my own little world, but it's ok they all know me there. At some point, you have to realize that some people can stay in your heart, but not in your life.

4/26/2008

Raw video and concert

Here's a neat video trailer and promo for a raw concert. I don't know this fellow, but he has an interesting and new perspective about how to get the raw message out there. Hope you enjoy it. Ciao

http://www.markusrothkranz.com/go_raw_now/raw_markus_video.html

Copy the address to be able to watch it.

I just checked out his site more thoroughly and it is definitely not 811. The irony is that in his video he compares apples which as he says can grow when put into the ground with cereal, bread etc. that comes in boxes which become mold if planted. His conclusion is to eat only the apple because it's alive. Yet, his recipes and the products he recommends are: celtic salt, nama shoyu, apple cider vinegar, luna flakes, sesame oil, high fat recipes (totally bad for humans, even if they're raw). Do any of those products grow into an apple tree if planted in the ground? I'm very disappointed-he still has a long way to go to start really walking his talk.

Update April 28th, 2008

Ok, I couldn't resist. I just had to write to him.

Here's what I wrote:

Dear Markus,

I just discovered your trailer to your raw video and concert. At first I was delighted because you seemed to be saying everything I agree with and practice. For example, in your video you compared an apple to boxes of cereal, breads, etc. You said accurately that the apple is the better choice because it is alive and when planted will become an apple tree;whereas, those boxes become nothing but mold if planted. How true!!! Yet, on your website you promote recipes and products such as celtic salt, apple cidar vinegar, nama shoyu, sesame oil, luna, dehydrated flakes in a plastic container (not even vegan-mostly protazoan lifeforms) and high fat foods-which even if they're raw are not healthy for humans. Are any of the above mentioned products natural or appropriate for human consumption? Will any of them grow if planted in the ground? In fact, they will kill life forms in the ground-especially the salt-which is even worse than becoming mold.

The raw message is so important because as you point out there are soooo many people who have health problems. Yet these products only promote more health problems and should not be used even in transition because as you rightly pointed out, our bodies don't just eat a pizza and then pass it out, it becomes us and our cells stop functioning properly. I thank you for your efforts in promoting the raw lifestyle, but I strongly urge you to reconsider promoting such products.

I personally practice the 811 low fat raw vegan lifestyle promoted by Dr. Douglas Graham (www.foodnsport.com). If you are interested in seeing my blog about my experiences here is the address: www.via811.blogspot.com

Sincerely

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I did see this guy's website a little while back, and I thought he looked a little scary! :) It is nice that he seems to be taking the general idea of it mainstream though.