About Me

My photo
My life's purpose is best described by: Be the change you want to see in the world: Gandhi. Smiling is my "botox"-FORGET THE DRUGS AND SURGERY. I spice up my life, not my diet, which is SIMPLY DELICIOUS on its own. KISS: I Keep it simple sugars-from whole, fresh, ripe, raw, organic fruits (veggies,some nuts/seeds too). The 811rv motto is: simplicity at mealtime, variety throughout the year. My motto is: I live in my own little world, but it's ok they all know me there. At some point, you have to realize that some people can stay in your heart, but not in your life.

5/04/2009

Cruising is raw vegan friendly

Here's some trip news for you all. I'm presently on the cruise ship heading towards Istanbul Turkey. It's a beautiful sunny day and 18 C, just perfect weather. I've just come from a wonderful jog on the tread mill for an hour. What a priviledge to be looking out at the gorgeous sea while working out. We also just listened to a seminar about Istanbul's history with special emphasis on some of the things we'll be visiting. I'll heading off to get some sun by the pool pretty soon. The fruit and salads here on board are pretty good, especially the melons-lots of healthy choices to be made where there's a will to do so. A ping-pong tournament and bridge tournament are also on the agenda for the day. Tonight we'll watch the evening show and hopefully get to bed early so we can fully enjoy Istanbul tomorrow. There's also a beautiful library onboard-I'm currently reading the Biblical illustrated Dictionary. It was really cool to learn how "manna" or "bread" as it was later translated, which was used by Jesus ("the bread of my body" might be familiar with some of you) and very much by the Jewish people, was actually a sweet honey like sappy gum produced by aphid like insects on certain dessert plants. Also, the importance of delicious fruits such as figs and pomegranates in Biblical times-was such fascinating stuff to learn about. Hope you are all doing very well and keeping extremely healthy. Will post pictures when I have better internet access.

No comments: