About Me

My photo
My life's purpose is best described by: Be the change you want to see in the world: Gandhi. Smiling is my "botox"-FORGET THE DRUGS AND SURGERY. I spice up my life, not my diet, which is SIMPLY DELICIOUS on its own. KISS: I Keep it simple sugars-from whole, fresh, ripe, raw, organic fruits (veggies,some nuts/seeds too). The 811rv motto is: simplicity at mealtime, variety throughout the year. My motto is: I live in my own little world, but it's ok they all know me there. At some point, you have to realize that some people can stay in your heart, but not in your life.

11/12/2009

Curses and Acknowledgments

There are so many people to thank and also many people to curse for me embarking on a blogging adventure. The most important is Dr. Douglas Graham. Ever since I first heard of him, read his books, listened to his conferences, followed his advice, began practicing, and slowly perfecting the 811rv diet and lifestyle, my world has been turned upside down. It is so much better than I could have ever imagined!

Yet, with the fantastic health and happiness benefits 811rv has procured me has also come the sometimes overwhelming responsibility and need to share this knowledge. My clumsy, inexperienced attempts to do this have often left me cursing with frustration at our world’s current state of affairs and my seeming insignificance to make a difference.

Yes, I refer people to Dr. Graham and I often reread his published works, often with great success, but this has proven insufficient for me. I remember when I consulted him after practicing 811rv for almost two years because I wanted to increase my fitness levels as well as cut out all non 811rv cheating in my diet-at the time, I was having approximately one cooked meal per month. He had the audacity to refuse my hard earned money. He told me that he thought I could figure it out and do it on my own without his help; although he left the door open for assistance if I decided I needed it. How dare he tell me I am smart enough and competent enough on my own! In all seriousness, encouraging people to think and act with informed free will is the best thing Dr. Graham has ever done for me

No comments: