About Me

My photo
My life's purpose is best described by: Be the change you want to see in the world: Gandhi. Smiling is my "botox"-FORGET THE DRUGS AND SURGERY. I spice up my life, not my diet, which is SIMPLY DELICIOUS on its own. KISS: I Keep it simple sugars-from whole, fresh, ripe, raw, organic fruits (veggies,some nuts/seeds too). The 811rv motto is: simplicity at mealtime, variety throughout the year. My motto is: I live in my own little world, but it's ok they all know me there. At some point, you have to realize that some people can stay in your heart, but not in your life.

11/27/2011

Before & After Pictures & Updates




Ok, so how is my progress on 811rv?

Here are some pictures for comparison:

The first picture of me in the sleeveless dress was taken in January 2010 after doing 100% 811rv for over 6 months and mostly 811rv since May 2007.

The next picture of me was taken in November 2011 after much traveling and other difficult circumstances for nearly two years caused me to eat very high raw 811 vegan, but not 100% 811rv.

I am now 6 kilos more than when I was 100% 811rv. I have some of my previous cellulite return and I have much less muscular definition and more body fat. My periods are not as easy as on 811rv, but definitely not as excruciating as on my previous SAD diet. My skin is not as nice either with occasional small candida break outs on my face, especially around my mouth. I also have occasional respiratory problems like I used to have on my SAD diet. I have had two very bad flus that lasted for over a week since re-introducing regular servings of cooked food.

My face is plumper, less defined, but that also means that wrinkles show less which is not necessarily bad either. My blood results this year showed a difference too. For the first time since I began this journey my B12 levels were low. Granted, the last two years have been very stressful which probably depleted my reserves faster than usual. Also, I very likely, although this needs to be tested, lack intrinsic factor from my previous colitis history. I now supplement my diet with methyl-cobalamin (B12) sub-lingual tablets. Once I get my levels back within a healthy range, I'll probably stop them again and get re-tested some months later to test my theory about intrinsic factor. I don't like to take any supplements; hopefully, I will be able to get off all pills one day for good!

Over all, I would still categorize my health on 811 vegan (basically more a Dr. McDougall diet) as excellent, but I felt much better on 100% 811rv or Dr. Graham's diet.

For me, it is 100% 811rv that is still the optimal diet and the more days I hit this bull's eye target, the better I feel.

No comments: