About Me

My photo
My life's purpose is best described by: Be the change you want to see in the world: Gandhi. Smiling is my "botox"-FORGET THE DRUGS AND SURGERY. I spice up my life, not my diet, which is SIMPLY DELICIOUS on its own. KISS: I Keep it simple sugars-from whole, fresh, ripe, raw, organic fruits (veggies,some nuts/seeds too). The 811rv motto is: simplicity at mealtime, variety throughout the year. My motto is: I live in my own little world, but it's ok they all know me there. At some point, you have to realize that some people can stay in your heart, but not in your life.

12/25/2011

The Fruit Hunters

I started a group on the 30 BAD forum called 'The Fruit Hunters'. For me, one of life's simplest, yet most exquisite pleasures is finding seasonal fruit at its source.

Finding a fig tree laden with figs and gorging on the fruit (memories of Italy and France come to mind)...

Wearing a protective helmet while under a fruiting durian tree-I've sadly only been in Costa Rica when they weren't in season, so this is a dream I've yet to realize...

Hiking in the woods, coming to a warm, sunny meadow filled with blueberries or wild strawberries. I have so many fond memories of this in Canada as a child with my parents, then carrying on the tradition with my young son years later...

Even finding wild blackberries in the suburbs of the UK, which are usually completely neglected by the city dwellers...

These are some of my life's sweetest dreams.

Here is my most recent sweet dream. On Christmas day 2011, after coming home from a 2.5 hour beach walk, I saw that one of my neighbour's abiut trees was full of fruit. I asked permission to pick some and they gave me six of these beauties.

In the picture, only two are left!!! Here is the link to my group. Any fruit hunting adventure you'd like to share?

No comments: