About Me

My photo
My life's purpose is best described by: Be the change you want to see in the world: Gandhi. Smiling is my "botox"-FORGET THE DRUGS AND SURGERY. I spice up my life, not my diet, which is SIMPLY DELICIOUS on its own. KISS: I Keep it simple sugars-from whole, fresh, ripe, raw, organic fruits (veggies,some nuts/seeds too). The 811rv motto is: simplicity at mealtime, variety throughout the year. My motto is: I live in my own little world, but it's ok they all know me there. At some point, you have to realize that some people can stay in your heart, but not in your life.

1/15/2012

Mother Teresa

Here is another fantastic story about Mother Teresa.

I have a childhood friend who was born in Goa India. We went to elementary school together. I was often invited to her family home back in Toronto. Her father, Mr. D., was an especially charming and well loved man. The first time I visited her home, her dad asked me if I would like something to drink, to which I replied yes. He went to the fridge, brought me a drink and said: "This is your first time to our house and I will serve you as a guest. After today, you are a friend, so you will have to serve yourself!" What a memorable first impression.

Mr. D. used to be a journalist back in India before the family moved to Canada. Here is one of his stories that I will never forget: Before they left India he had an opportunity to visit Mother Teresa's orphanage. He arrived very early and was greeted by Mother Teresa herself. "Ah, you've come to help", said she. She immediately puts Mr. D. to work moving beds, doing laundry, sweeping the floor, whatever needed done for the day. After a long and hard day's work Mr. D. was exhausted and ready to take his leave. Mother Teresa approached him and said: "You're welcome!" Mr. D. was somewhat taken aback by this response as he was expecting gratitude for his volunteer labor, so he said: "Welcome for what?" Without blinking, Mother Teresa said: "You're welcome for having been given the opportunity to help in the work of a noble cause. I knew you would be grateful." And so he was.

Of course, Mr. D. would embellish this story so beautifully. I wish I could remember all the specific details. Yet, I hope I got the most important part of this story right.

No comments: